We are cruising into the new year, (and maybe this is Florida talking) but to me it's the perfect time to stop and reset. I don't think just because it's the new year we should drastically change how we're living, but it's a great time to do a little check in.
While lots of people set goals like weight loss numbers they want to hit, one of my favorite things that I look forward to doing today is setting goals and checking in with the people in my life.
Today, or even in the next week, grab a coffee, go for a walk, (or bike ride), and chat with your significant other, best friend, or anyone you feel so inclined, and chat about your hopes, goals, and dreams for the year ahead. This doesn't just mean going to the gym together either. This is a great time to set goals on how well you know that person, check in on where you hope that relationship to go, and what you hope to do together, as well as encourage one another to do on your own. I've included some of my favorite topics below to get you thinking!
1. Places you hope to visit (anywhere from big travels to a camping trip in town)
2. Things you hope to cook
3. New things you'd like to try (we love exploring different types of coffee)
4. How you'd like to get to know one another better
5. Career goals
6. Being open about financial goals and savings, as well as any other personal goals is a great way to motivate one another
7. Spend more time shutting down technology and connecting in person
8. Write more letters
9. Chat about what a healthy lifestyle means to both of you and how you can actively do that
10. A little more dancing
What are your favorite goals together? I'd love to hear more ideas!
I hope you all have a wonderful close to your 2016, and a refreshing start to 2017. Happy New Year!